Charlotte Engineers, LLP is seeking an individual to assist in construction administration, construction inspections, and commissioning of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection/detection systems in large commercial/institutional projects. Projects include renovations and new construction.
Primary construction administration responsibilities will include the following:
- Reviewing and responding to equipment submittals with input from design team.
- Reviewing and responding to Requests for Information from contractors.
- Attending meetings representing engineering design team.
- Tracking and documenting the construction administration process.
Primary construction inspection responsibilities will include the following:
- Reviewing and understanding MEP & FP plans and specifications.
- Monitoring progress of construction projects.
- Hands-on inspection and evaluation of installed equipment.
- Identifying and reporting on deficiencies found during visits to project sites.
- Assisting in the resolution of on-site issues.
The ideal candidate will have many or all of the following qualifications:
- Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering is favorable but not required. Applicants with non-engineering backgrounds with the appropriate construction/field experience are encouraged to apply. Emphasis may be placed on experience and ability to perform the objectives of the position over educational background.
- Knowledge of the A/E and construction industries is preferred. Ideal candidate will have 5-10+ years of experience in on-site construction inspection or engineering experience is required, however, entry level candidates will be considered.
- In-depth knowledge of MEP and Fire Protection/Detection systems (HVAC, building automation systems, power, lighting, plumbing, fire alarm, sprinkler, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant codes and industry best practices is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Fluent English speaking and writing is required. Ability to maintain written records of day-to-day activities is required.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and efficiently while maintaining superior work product.
- Must be comfortable with using basic hand tools, meters, monitoring equipment, and instrumentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that may change from day to day.
Other details related to this position:
- Applicant will be at project sites or on-site meetings approximately 2-4 days per week. Projects are typically within 2.5-hour radius of Charlotte, NC. The remainder of the time will be spent in the office located in Charlotte, NC.
- Applicants must have a driver’s license and reliable transportation. Use of personal vehicle is required (mileage will be reimbursed for out-of-town trips).
- Applicants must be comfortable working on active construction sites. Must be able to stand/walk for several hours at a time, climb/descend ladders, and move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces. Some projects may require time spent outdoors in rain/snow or extreme heat/cold.
PLEASE NOTE: It is preferred that all candidates are local to Charlotte, NC area. The position is based out of our office located in Charlotte and will require regular travel to project sites throughout NC/SC. Telecommuting or otherwise working off site is not possible with this position. There will be no relocation assistance provided.
Charlotte Engineers offers competitive pay and benefits including 401K, health, dental and vision insurance.